Quick links: Content - sections - sub sections
EN FR
Quick Search Advanced search

Page

[Opened] Manual

Posted by d4rky-pl on 01/31/2008 14:29

Are you going to sanitize english version of manual? Because digging through API documentation IS NOT fun. Jelix looks cool as a PHP5 for framework, but it's hard to really use it when there's no real documentation except mentioned before.

[Opened] Re: Manual

Reply #1 Posted by bballizlife on 01/31/2008 14:58

Yes, we aim at providing a translation of the french documentation into english. We're working on it even if we're not very fast doing this.

Every help writing the english document would be very apreciated :)

N'importe comment c'est dans la doc

Reply #2 Posted by laurentj on 01/31/2008 15:52

Hello,

Sorry for our poor documentation. We will try to translate it fastly. :-/

Laurent

Reply #3 Posted by laurentj on 02/05/2008 10:41

Hello,

there are some new pages in the documentation. We're working hard this week :-)

Thanks for your patience. And don't hesitate to ask questions in these forums.

Reply #4 Posted by laurentj on 12/06/2008 01:12

The manual is complete and a PDF version is available now :-)

Reply #5 Posted by Attila Ferencz-Csibi on 03/29/2009 21:35

The manual is a very good one. I'm in the deep end of it right now. I'm now a fan and user of Jelix :-)

I did translate the loc files from lib to hungarian. Where can i post them?

Reply #6 Posted by laurentj on 03/30/2009 10:41

Welcome Attila !

Open a ticket on http://developer.jelix.org/, and attached a zip file wich contains all locales files, or (and it is better for us) attach a patch.

To create a patch, read the... No. not read, I see there isn't any documentation about it in english :-)

To summary, use subversion, checkout the project, and add your files in the right directory, and use the "svn diff" command : svn diff > my.patch (or use the right menu item in tortoisesvn if you are under windows).

I will create the documentation for contribution today or later in the week.

Reply #7 Posted by afroxav on 06/21/2009 02:52

I could work on the english documentation. There are still work to be done in the database section (just to name that one). There isn't any resultset function in the doc. I had to find them in the API.

_

AfroSoft

Reply #8 Posted by afroxav on 06/21/2009 17:34

I started a bit, I went through the jEvent component, did a bit on l8n/i10n, created a new page for database functions. Oh and I added myself to the contributors list :D

Oh, could you add this page: http://jelix.org/articles/en/manual-1.1/daos/use-result after this one http://jelix.org/articles/en/manual-1.1/daos/use in the jDao component

Never mind, just did it.

_

AfroSoft

Reply #9 Posted by afroxav on 06/21/2009 21:14

I know I just double-posted, but this is on purpose.

I created a guideline for the documentation in english. I won't translate to french, but I could if you ask me.

It is available on the developer's website

Some of the coding-related styles could be extended to the whole jelix project coding style. BTW, somebody that commits to SVN should add more information to the coding style, such as the indent style, the naming convertions, etc.

_

AfroSoft

Page
  1. Manual